We are a “locomotive” in constant movement, so we need to keep up with the speed.
In the working world, change is the only thing that is certain. With PRO.TO.T.Y.PE. we want to address the increased risk of Skilled and Low Skilled Workers of failing to make the continuous transitions in terms of roles and job profiles asked by companies.
New paradigms, such as the increasing use of Artificial Intelligence in manufacturing; widespread digitisation in the supply chain and the ecological transition are transforming the entire automotive ecosystem. Companies are asking themselves how to evolve in the future.
What are their emerging purposes? What shape will the value to be created in the future take? Cars? Connectedness? Mobility? Content? What new skills are needed to continuously create this evolving value?
Automotive workers need to evolve and develop social, initiative, autonomy and self-management skills that will be supported by literacy in key technologies.
In this context, the PROTOTYPE project is addressed to decreasing the risk of skilled workers not being able to adapt their job functions and profiles to the demands of companies.
The reason for this risk is that skilled workers are not committed to lifelong learning and professional growth; and have skill sets and attitudes that tend to become obsolete.
The PROTOTYPE project aims to help automotive companies create new “emerging value” from the evolving automotive ecosystem, while maintaining the employment of current workers.
How are we doing that?
This is a Suite made of online resources that foster first steps toward re-engagement to lifelong learning.
The tools are:
- Self-Assessment Test
- Guidance Edutainment short episodes on:
- Get the right information
- Benefits of Lifelong Learning
- How to make effective job/role transitions
- Short movies and automotive companies world videointerviews
A digital educational Serious-Game fostering the development of a framework of skills and attitudes useful for job/role transitions.
The competence areas are:
- Self-awareness of own competences
- Growth and development of learning strategies
- Initiative and autonomy, self-management in one’s own work
- Questioning and critical thinking
- Technology mediated cooperation and dialogue
- Data science literacy
- Digital Key Technologies literacy
- Human / AI & Robot collaboration literacy